The former St Malachy’s Convent of Mercy at Sussex Place in Belfast’s Linen Quarter was completed in 1880, but in recent times fell into a poor state of repair. After being used as a school and a Presbytery for St Malachy’s, it was completely abandoned in the 1980s and has survived the loss of many historical internal features. The aim of the development was to restore the building to its rightful state and convert it into 12 apartments for private rental. This ensured the long term survival of the fabric of the building as well as contribute to the economy and vibrancy of the local community.
Photo - James Hughes Photography