Culture and Tourism
Ulster Museum, Belfast
A new entrance in the centre of the building leads directly to a Welcome Zone with a 24m high atrium. A circulation core with two passenger lifts, stairs and various bridges links the main levels of the museum, allowing universal access to the vast majority of the collections while creating a vibrant and stimulating space. The project delivered four new learning zones, a high-level gallery, an Art Discovery Zone, a large shop and a new restaurant/café.
- Belfast Business Awards 2011 Best Regeneration Project – Highly Commended
- NI Tourism Awards 2011 – Best Visitor Experience
- RICS Community Benefit Award 2010
- National Museums & Heritage Permanent Exhibition Award 2010
- The Art Fund Prize for Museums & Galleries 2010